A Fish? Or A Net? Which Would You Choose?
Have you heard of the poor man that was given a fish, analogy?
It goes like this: Give a poor man a fish and he will feed himself for one day; give a poor man a fishing net and he will feed himself, his family and his community for the rest of their lives.
Let’s break that down, and bring it closer to home:
The poor man – is desperate, he is in a situation where he has no income, no skills, no tools and no future.
I have two scenarios that could, more of less change this man’s desperate situation.
Scenario A – He was handed a fish
Scenario B – He was handed a net
What changed his situation?
Was it the fish?
– Yes, but only temporarily, because he was probably only able to feed his wife and kids, while he himself went to bed still very hungry.
So yes, getting the fish, was a quick solution, but it lasted, only for a short time.
Was it the net?
– Maybe? Although he could not eat fish straight away, he had to work hard at it, because he could finally feed himself, his wife, his children and most probably they had plenty to share with the rest of their community, every day and for the rest of their lives.
The net was the permanent solution. But could there be more?
We shall see then.
Okay, so we now know which of the two changed the mans situation; the net.
However, there is a part of the second scenario that we may have overlooked…what do you think it is?
Think again, was the net, the actual thing that changed the poor man’s desperate situation?
Did you see it?
It’s okay, this is not a test and I will tell you.
The net would be a great tool, for the man to use. Now, obviously this man needed more than just a tool to fix his problem.
The net has no benefit unless he knew how to use it correctly. He needed, the knowledge and skills to use that net.
Now, do you see, what I am trying to get at?
We all know that our ‘brick and mortar’ jobs are tools for us to get a life and to enable us to change our situations from being in poverty and int to being wealthy.
If you think of it, we need to have knowledge and skills to be able to be effective in those jobs.
Okay, say then that you are not working, how about, a hobby or passion that you have – before you can use a tool with expertise, you need to first have learned how to use it properly.
Now, back to the poor man again, do you think that he learned the skills to use a net straight away?
NO!. I actually believe he had to practice over and over again (with much failures), and it probably took him a few days, before he could catch, maybe, one or even two fish.
Oh the Joy! of finally catching, his first fish…can you imagine him celebrating, and eating that one fish with his family?
He would have gone to bed that night, and although again, maybe still hungry, but nevertheless a little more satisfied. Why do you think? He would have been so excited, he would not have been able to sleep, because he knew that he could use what he learned again the very next day.
– because he would have finally understood, the true feeling of success; which is knowledge.
Despite going through many trials and errors -this man learned to be skillful in his use of the net – and the more skillful he became – the more fish he would catch.
This man would experience great success, not because of the tool given to him (net) but in the skills that he learned.
I draw a parallel in my own life to this man, in which I have found the tools or ‘fishing net’, which is my own business website, built by myself, through an online platform, which gave me the right skills, through its training, and helped me to catch all the ‘fish’ I needed to succeed.
You see, I don’t want just one fish, to feed me for the day (a quick overnight money making scheme). I want to feed myself and family for the rest of our lives, with a passive online income (through my own domain and brand).
Therefore, and you can call me bias, but this post is my personal review of Wealthy Affiliates – the best tools for online success, bar none.
Overview of Wealthy Affiliate and Ratings
Name: Wealthy Affiliate
Website Domain: https://my.wealthyaffiliate.com
Owners: Kyle and Carson
Support: 24/7 365 days
WordPress Hosting: 4.5/5
Website Builder (siterubix.com): 4.8/5
Site Content Builder: 4.6/5
Research Tools (Jaaxy): 5/5
Community Culture: 4.8/5
Owners Expertise and Experience: 5/5
Fixed Price: Starter is free, Premium is $49USD per month or $259USD per year
Membership Growth: 4.8/5 (there are now almost 1.5 million free/paid current members and growing by the day)
Success Testimonials: 4.6/5
TWIBED’s Rating: 4.8/5
What You Receive When You Join
Wealthy Affiliate has two training modules; each with their own purpose, and geared towards achieving online business success.
Online Entrepreneur Certification (OEC)
5 courses with 50 lessons spread out between each:
- Getting Started
- Building Your Own Traffic Producing Website
- Making Money!
- Mastering Social Engagement
- Achieving Maximum Success Through Content Creation
What You Learn and Gain
- How to monetize your website using Google Adsense and Affiliate programs of your choice, i.e., Amazon.
- Develop Your Website With SEO techniques so that search engines will find, index, and rank them.
- Create a well-oiled Online Business from your niche website, to attract traffic via Social Media, Google, Yahoo and Bing
- Learn how to interact with and captivate the attention of your readers/followers with quality content, using Jaaxy research tool to obtain top ranking keywords and phrases.
Free members can only access up to the first two training.
If they do remain free at this stage, they would already have a website built and are given the choice to either remain a free member (for as long as they want) or upgrade to the monthly premium membership subscription.
Most new members realize as soon as they take the first few lessons, the great value of continuing and upgrade straight away.
Others take their time (some more than a year) and can still use their two free websites to start earning.
Some choose to go away and think about, some returning after years of MIA (missing in action).
The beauty of Wealthy Affiliates is that, the membership is never erased, which means upon returning, members will still find their accounts still active. However, when they do leave, the free websites are no longer accessible, as they are hosted by the Wealthy Affiliates platform.
For members who struggle to find a niche to use for their website/s, the Affiliate Boot Camp Training would be the better option. It teaches members the art of earning via a niche site, to promote the Wealthy Affiliate platform and other online Affiliate marketing programs.
Affiliate Boot Camp (ABC)
7 courses and 70 lessons
- Getting Your Business Rolling
- Content, Keywords and Conversions
- Giving Your Site Social Value
- Get Visual, Get Aesthetic. Get a Brand Through Social Media
- Knowing Your Audience & Catapulting Your Referrals
- Bing, Yahoo & The Power of PPC (Pay Per Click Advertising)
- How To Scale Successful PPC Campaigns
This training module is very similar to the above OEC training module. The Boot Camp, will enable members to leverage the online affiliate marketing playing field and to learn how to fully utilize the benefits of Wealthy Affiliate’s own affiliate program.
Rewards For Being a Wealthy Affiliate – affiliate/promoter:
- You can start getting referrals by advertising/sharing your affiliate link, immediately.
- You learn to be proficient at writing product reviews.
- You get to go to Vegas (all flights, accommodation and food fully paid by the owners plus extras) for the annual Wealthy Affiliate conference – if you refer 300 premium paid members within a given year.
- You gain access to some of the best online Affiliate programs.
Real Member’s Success Stories
Member’s success stories are easily accessible, by searching ‘success stories’ in the search menu of the platform. Many of whom are already earning more than $5000 a month.
Each success story differs in time it took to see earnings, and what experience members had prior to becoming a member at Wealthy Affiliates.
One of them is Eddie Salomon – he make over $100 K from his blogs in 2018, doing it partime. Click the link below the image to see for yourself.
Real Time Support
Members can put through a query or question to the community platform and these are answered within minutes.
There are several ways, members can get help and support:
- Private Messaging Kyle or Carson (inside the Wealthy Affiliate Program or by personal email)
- Joining in Live Chat (24/7)
- Using the Search Menu Bar at the top of the page
- Asking the Help Center
- Blogging a Question to the community
- Private messaging their networks
Commendations for Wealthy Affiliate
There are many benefits in joining Wealthy Affiliates.
- Great rewards for being active – ranking system within the community.
- My own money earning website created and built by myself.
- Amazing Community culture – You do not feel alone.
- Can earn cash points in Interactive Pay-It-Forward systems to encourage continuous communal support.
- Extra training given free by top members offering their expertise.
- Members are encouraged to actively blog their milestones giving them opportunity to gain confidence in writing and receiving feedback comments.
- 24/7/365 support from a worldwide community.
- The platform offers free hosting to 25 free and 25 paid domains.
- There is no time frame limitation to complete training (even more than one year).
- Accounts are not deleted if you go MIA – even when you cancel your subscription at anytime.
- $49 USD is so affordable – and you have the choice to pay monthly without any pressure.
- The training modules are easy to follow and broken to easy actionable lessons.
- Even the most in-experienced (internet – idiot like me) can do the training.
- Kyle and Carson are always in the platform – chatting and encouraging members, its not like they are some gods – they are actually very likable and down to earth. They both work just as hard as the members and are always looking for new ways to improve the platform.
Why TWIBED Rated 4.8/5 Plus Recommendations
There is never a perfect scoring in anything in life and Wealthy Affiliate is no different – my experience in both training modules, has been the feeling of great accomplishment.
I believe, the Wealthy Affiliate platform, is nothing short of genius, because I have learned to build one successful website and now building another which is the one you are visiting right now.
As you may have read in my ‘About TWIBED‘ post, you would know that I have been in and out of the on-line business world for more than 10 years.
None of the hundreds of training that I tried comes even near, what Wealthy Affiliate offers as far as website building tools and community support goes.
However, I would recommend a few updates on the training as some of them were most likely created in its early days – which means that the functionality of training media is quite fuzzy in some pages.
Although, I understood them anyway, someone who does not have such great eye-sight would not be able to follow.
Another thing that I recommend, is to create a members success stories page that can be updated frequently, so that all members can get continual inspiration.
These are the only two reasons, why I gave a rating of 4.8 instead of a whole 5.
Hey, if anything is too perfect then it really should make you run the opposite way – but overall – despite my not perfect rating for Wealthy Affiliate, I would never have gained the knowledge and skills that I have today, without their training and caring community.
Therefore, returning to my initial analogy of the poor man and the fish net, I would have to say that Wealthy Affiliate, provided me with a net (my website) and the skills (training) to use it.
Wealthy Affiliate offers an online training platform, for those people who only want, an honest but hard-work online business opportunity.
Now I, lay it out for you: Do you want a fish only for one day? (a quick-fix to your solution) or a net (website) with the right skills (training)? to give you fish for the rest of your life (a permanent passive income).
It is your choice and your life; I suggest you choose wisely.
Please feel free to contact me at anytime for help, or leave me a comment below.